Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

1.20.2009

..::Look of the Day::..

We are one lucky bunch...don't you think?! We have a President w. swag and a First Lady w. style. When I saw Michelle earlier today at the inauguration I was soo blown away. She has always been one to deliver on the style front but today's look was different, she wow'd me, from the lemongrass dress to the matching coat and green leather gloves. I was in love.

I've read several articles and as expected, everyone has their own opinion. Some, like myself loved it because it's in no way traditional and many others disliked it for that same reason. I don't think there's anything wrong with Michelle's bold sense of style. Just because all of the past First Ladies wore the traditional career suit in an array of solid colors doesn't mean that it should apply to all. Her looks are fun and simply express her personality. Yea, her position is serious but her wardrobe doesn't have to be.

This is a time for change and she clearly gets that. Though Michelle's colors are bold, her fits' are always very taseful. She looked absolutely stunning in her Isabel Toledo ensemble.

Can you say the same?

<3

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when people take fashion too serious. That dress she wore was beautiful and appropriate for the occasion so Idk what's the problem, and she stood out the most from everyone there along side her husband. Michelle doesn't have to be like the past First Ladies whom look drained and boring. This woman amazed me from the first time I saw her, her sense of style is classic, modern and yet stylish and many people can't pull the 3 elements at the same time as gracefully as she does. Michelle is going to teach America and the rest of the world how it's done!

    BTW lets not get into her Inaugural Ball gown, she looked so flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im one of the ones who aint really feeling most of michelles looks...now i def dont think she needs to be drab or dull by any means but i just dont think shes a style icon in the making. also keep in mind that theres nothing more traditional than a sheath dress or a-line skirt which she wears ALL the time...nothing exciting there. now she does experiment with color which can be daring i will give her that. the inaugural dress looked like she was wrapped in toilet paper with wadded up toilet paper thrown on the dress and then sprinkled with crystals...UGLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle Obama is a fashion icon.

    ReplyDelete