Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

3.13.2009

On Keeping In Touch...

I usually don't. && it's never intentional, I'm just not good at it. I'll call on holidays, I'll call on birthdays but it's hard for me to stay in contact w. ppl who I don't really have a relationship or some sort of connection with. I mean, we'd have had to connect in some way if you have my number but forming relationships w. ppl is hard for me as it is so if we don't speak often enough the connection that we need to grow will diminish..which then puts you in the barrel of "neglect" [labeled by others]. I have family members [adults] who don't call me but will complain that I never call them [major gear grinder]. I was never that person. & it's not a tit for tat thing but relying on me to pick up the phone as if I don't want to hear my phone ring is the wroong way to go. I walk this earth too, it's not me that's not dialing, it's us. & if "we" can't agree on that then "we" won't speak. No love lost, just real talk. Maybe it's something I need to work on, idk. I've never really seen anything wrong w. it and I think it's because I'm an only child who, as a child, had strong relationships w. ppl only to grow up and have those relationships weaken. These ppl see it as you not having them to think about but I feel as an adult dealing w. a child, you have to know the importance of consistency. If I see you as a child, cool. I'm comfortable w. you, we rock. However, we grow in stages, what you were to me as a child, will not be so as I mature if you aren't consistent. I grew w. my mother every day, so she is my rock, she's all I know. I expect her to be there and she is, always. From others, I expect nothing and that may be why I have nothing to give. Does that sound mean? I don't mean for it to. It's simply the reality of my thoughts.

How does one cope?

<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment