Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

5.16.2009

Riddle Me This...

I had a conversation the other night about a dude meeting my mother and I was wondering how you guys handle these situations.

With me, if we're not serious, there's no meet and greet - prd!

My Logic: I don't have a problem introducing ppl to my old lady, letting you get to know the fam etc. - I simply don't see the point if I know for sure that the odds of you being a long-term figure in my life are slim. ..Some may question "why'd you even wanna deal w. a person knowing that what you guys have isn't solid?" ..well sometimes you're not looking for solidity. Maybe you are, but just not w. that person.

I've had a situation where I began to look into a particular 'he', I mean I wanted to give it a try, I did and later found out that I liked nothing more than the thrill of what we had. There was no real emotional attachment, we're cool when we're together, whenever we're together but besides that- I could go eons w.o. speaking to him, I just didn't have that connection so, all that talk about meeting mommy ..dead! [coffin].

..but I was just sitting here in deep thought, wondering, what it is that my girlies/guys do when their other "something" begins to inquire about being more in the mix. [???]

..I honestly don't even think duke really and truly wanted to meet the mom, his motives got more shake than Harlem. ...but thats another blog.

-loveLee!

No comments:

Post a Comment