Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

6.06.2009

Is Love a Losing Game?

"U may have to fight a battle more than once to win it .. Character consists of what you do in the third and fourth tries yall!" - @RevRunWisom




As I sit here, letting both the video and the quote resonate in my mind - I question whether or not LOVE is indeed a losing game.

& as I question myself, I look for answers in others... {Courtesy of Twitter}

..Here's what they had to say..

@KoFiBaBy @tierra_Leone not at all...love is something only winners can feel its a foreign emotion at times but its in the air for the majority

@SwanksGoLightly @tierra_Leone I personally don't look for it, it'll find me && I always see the glass as half full

Anonymous Tweet: I wouldn't say a losing game. It's def a LEARNING game and something we all should experience. The good, bad, and ugly.

and lastly, I'm sure you guys have all heard this one before...

@ChrisGrandMusic @tierra_Leone It is better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all.

As we all know, there is no right or wrong answer to this question - and it posed to simply compare the views of others.

My Personal Opinion: Love is something beautiful - familiar yet very unknown or as @Kofibaby put it, a foreign emotion. I thought those words, were so fitting for it's description seeing as tho it is a feeling that is very hard to distinguish [it's easier to think you're in love than to truly know]. It feels soo good that when you get a taste of something sensationally close to what love is - you immediately dub it as that - because it is in fact a group that everyone wants to be apart of. It's a game that we all want to dabble in - at least once w/ or w/o the knowledge of what it takes to stay in. It's a fight that many gear up for, one that many take on w.o protection - the loser, isn't even he who backs down - I honestly believe that "the loser" is nonexistent. This may sound cliche but I am a believer of the saying "there's someone for everyone" - the loser would be he who is both not loved and incapable of loving - and there is no such person in existence.

I think some ppl feel as if they've lost when they've loved and lost a significant other but I believe differently. I see love to be many things. We can call it a game, a puzzle, a fight - love is life, and I don't believe there is an ending to one's life. You don't love someone [like, truly love them] and simply stop because you two parted ways - just as the only thing put to rest is your outer shell [body] when you die. Your spirit lives on and those who lost you - those who truly loved you - never forget - they never stop loving you and I don't believe you ever stop loving either. It's a difficult emotion to part with - which is why hate is such an easy emotion to adopt.

but the real question [provoked by the quote] is - With love being all of these things - in what case is it worth fighting for?

-xoxo

4 comments:

  1. mannnn if it wasnt already 3:04 am id be all over addin my two cents. but i LOVE this post. im almost working on a similar post im just to lazy to finish the draft. im damn near about to print this out in the event technology screws us over ( which it will lol ) ill have these well thought out words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks mama!!!

    I was dying to finish this - a certain someone seems to be pushing these buttons and since Im not talking about it with him - I neeed to speak to you guys and find out how you feel.

    Hurry and finish yours - I need as much insight as possible. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its not a losing game we all need love...we all have and look 4 love if we dont find it in the opposite sex there are alternatives Food, Liquor etc.I def like I have a love post from a mans view I never posted (you know dudes cant get mushy) ill have u post it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in Druskii!!

    Let me get that Post! - You hardly ever hear a guy break it down - some do but not many so I need that lol

    <3

    ReplyDelete