Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

7.14.2009

I don't wanna leave - but I gotta go - RIGHT NOW!

life Pictures, Images and Photos



This post was inspired by a recent post regarding the words of the Holstee bros. 'Twas a post on life - && I have to say, I had a long talk w. myself today and I've concluded that it is a MUST that I leave the nest. I am honestly sold on that idea and have been thinking of ways to leave SOON! - like RIGHT NOW.

I feel trapped in this place. I'm more comfortable than I should be and although it may sound good - I'm positive that it's stunting my growth. It's just me and mommy and I feel, as I've always felt, like everything is OK because mommy is here. When things get crazy - she gets crazy. & though I love that she has my back 100% - I need for her to take a Save the Day vacation or else I'll never really learn any of life's lessons.

I'm 22. When I mapped out my life some years back - I said that I DID NOT want to be living at home. Life is too easy here. ...I never thought I would be saying this but, I need to know what it feels like to have no one to turn to. Only then will I truly be independent.

Last year, around this time, me and my mom got into it about school and I was forced to stay w. my grandmother. The beef lasted for about a week or two but I had a better mindset then and I owe it to the fact that I never expect anyone to do anything for me except my mother - kinda had me on my toes [I looved that!]. I did for myself and it felt good - I don't like the sheltered feeling.

I want out of my mama's house - before 2010.

-xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:21:00 PM

    I Def Felt The Same Way You Do, I Was Currently In School & Working Full Time (Salary Not Hourly Pay) When I Decided To Leave The Nest. I Did But I Sure Went Back-If Youre In School Or Graduated & You Have Taken Loans, Trust Me-Dont Leave, You Might Think Youre FInancially Stable Right NOW But Trust When Its Time To Pay The Loans & Still Have Money To Pay Rent/Bills/Groceries, Youll Be So Out Of It. Leaving The Nest Is A Physical Move-You Can Psychological Leave The Nest But Stay There Physical, And Theres Nada Wrong With IT

    ReplyDelete