Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

10.03.2009

It's hella early right now, but I went to bed at about 7pm so I am of course, well rested!

I was just laying in my bed thinking about life. Today, while on the train, I played Brick Breaker on my Berry and at one point I had a good 5 lives (you start off with 3) and I realized the difference in how I cared for my lives when I had 5 and when I was left with 1. Of course, whenever you're down to your last life you play with such caution, you're more focused than ever and can probably make it to three more levels w that one life, yet you can lose 3 with no problem on one level alone when you have 5.

When you think about that there's nothing too deep about it until you apply it to life in the real world.

We are not given 5.3 or even 2 lives but instead 1 great one! Many of us are lucky enough to start off healthy and because we have no worries, we abuse our life, we take it for granted.

I do not smoke, I barely drink yet I have not been getting a good night's sleep during the days of last week. My appetite was poor and Because of this and I think stressing over my body's change, I had to go to the hospital for heart palpitations and breathlessness.

After meeting with the doctor, I found out that my potassium was low as well as my white blood cells but not drastically. Now, that's fixed, yet something else (body wise) seems to be aggrivating me (that'll keep to myself).

My point is, I've never paid attn to how I slept or what I ate, I just ate! Now, I want to eat healthier, sleep more. I heard exercising fights off infections and can produce white blood cells, I want to exercise more. Although its good to want to do great things for your body, its horrible that something bad has to happen before we do so. It's not the case for all but it is the case for many.

I was scared out of mind, about possibly losing my life. I did not know what was going on but I have faith, I'm mobile, I'm breathing well and I'm treating myself better.

You do the same!

-xorxor

4 comments:

  1. PROPS to you for that epiphany. Even though we'd much rather have that 'eureka' moment while things are going good, just be glad to have it period...because some people Just.Don't.Get It.

    (Oh btw, I was sent here by my sis RAEthoven.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) Thank you! ...For stopping by and commenting!

    ...I am very glad that I had it, fortunate rather. What I went through was a little too nuts for me but I'm on the right track. I hope more people read and take heed to my words.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you had the epiphany, when you did.
    If you let problems go unchecked for too long, they create more until you don't know HOW to get out of your situation.
    More people SHOULD take heed to your word, but you know how itis, they probably wont until they reach a breaking point of their own.

    Oh yea, Rae sent me too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rae!

    Thank You too Phlyy Girl!

    ReplyDelete