Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

12.22.2008

My Take on The Hills Finale


As I was watching tonight's episode of The Hills, I began to get really emotional. For those of you that are familiar with the cast, Heidi and Lauren finally had a conversation after idk how long and it really touched me. They were once Best Friends and because of Heidi's decision to follow her bf who Lauren could not stand, amongst other things, they were forced to call it quits. Heidi tries to squeeze back in but once being heartbroken, Lauren isn't really that easy to win over.

Audrina and Justin Bobby went on a little weekend getaway and for the first time Justin Bobby expressed his feelings to Audrina. For the longest he's been the biggest jerk, as most guys are, and although he's not her boyfriend she's been dealing with it. He basically expressed that he's never had the type of connection that they have with anyone else and that he hopes it lasts as long as it can. "I'm happy to have you."

Both situations had me sitting in front of my television like a crybaby. Idk when this all started but I was never one to get choked up. I guess it comes with growth [shrugs shoulders] but I felt really strong about both relationships. I grew up an only child so all I know is to be alone and I think in some sense it affects the way I build relationships with others. I don't really have that Best Friend that I can say I knew forever and she's like my hip...like we do everything together, she knows my life story etc. I'd like that but I don't have that. I have a friend that I knew since birth [like literally]. She knows a good deal about me and we've pretty much gone to the same school until jhs but I feel the years you spend in hs are the years that mold you into the individual that you are today. I can't really say that she was apart of that. I went on to hs meeting new people and forming new friendships while she went on and did the same. When we see each other we're always full of laughter and refer to each other as bff's but idk... that just doesn't seem to be the reality of our situation anymore. Close friends, yea. Best Friends...maybe not.

As for the relationship that Justin and Audrina has, I suppose it touched me because I felt her "struggle". She loves this guy and I doubt that he didn't know but he didn't reciprocate it nor did he even show her an ounce of respect. It's a hurtful thing to feel strongly about someone and not get anything back in return. As girls we grow up reading fairytales where the girl is rescued by the prince and then as women we learn that life isn't always that easy. You will love w.o being loved and then you'll share love. Justin and Audrina still aren't together but they have a bond and an understanding which allows that situation to be ok. It took her a minute to get that much out of him and I finally feel that she now has an incentive to keep holding on to see whether or not there's more to come.


However, I need to know... If you can't change something, should you accept it? If you accept it, have you failed? or are you only setting yourself up for failure anyway by attempting to alter a fixed situation?

<3

3 comments:

  1. I choked it watching the show too!
    It was crazy, like why would I be tearing during the Hills? The thing that got me the most had to be Lauren and Heidi's situation, because I've been there and know how it feels to not talk to someone you were so close to for so long, meet up again after a long time, remember how important that person was to you, and have those feeling crushed because you can't trust/forgive them, or even want them apart in your life again.

    Another thing that got me was Spencer. Wow! Who knew he was a considerable person, though Steph should get full cred on how that situation went down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:54:00 AM

    Yea, I was so happy she spoke up. It sux that Heidi couldn't do so. I mean I know she's in love but to go against what you believe for the sake of another...I kinda think thats unfair to yourself. I mean he's not totally in the wrong because she never spoke up...He knew that her mother was hurt but all he care about is how Heidi feel...she needs to be more vocal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. quote is very tricky but after reading it. I feel life is so short to complicate things in such ways. Failure does not exist if you CHOOSE to succeed. And changes are all apart of your transition in life til' death.

    *am i making any sense?* hehehe

    ReplyDelete