Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

12.22.2008

Kindness Goes A Long Way


When I went into work on Saturday I was highly anticipating the end of my shift being that I knew I wouldn't be working the next day. It was just one of those days where I simply wasn't up for much but I put a smile on my face anyway.
As soon as I got in, my co-worker through a sell my way which was very sweet of her and usual I was her mannequin.
She's about 5'1 and being as though I'm nearly 5'8 she uses me to model the clothes for her customers. So, I modeled this shirt for a guy customer of hers because his gf was actually my height and size. He wound up getting the shirt. He helped me with some jackets that I modeled for him as well and he wound up getting those also. I didn't think much of what I was doing, I mean it's nothing to throw on a piece to help them make their decision. I do it and go about my business. I went on to help the other ladies in the store and concentrated more on my sales.
I didn't see the guy when he left but I did see when he returned, not really noticing what he held in his hand. I was singing and folding clothes, completely in my own world when he approached me with the most prettiest flowers. Red Lilies [lilies are my favorite!]. It was so shocking. I really didn't know what to say. I thanked him and gave him a hug because I thought the gesture was beyond sweet. They weren't flowers from off of the street but from a floral shop, long stem and all. I'm like really? lol...for me? He didn't even buy any for my coworker who helped him and he was her customer.
This was the first time that I've ever received flowers and it's something that I've always wanted from a guy. Of course there was no romantic connection with me and this fellow but the fact that he was such a gentleman is what I loved the most. I appreciate the small things. Although my coworker didnt receive the flowers, I guess you can say that we both got the green, seeing as though she got the sale lol.
Just thought I'd share...
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment