Listen to the click of my heels, make out my beat! ...Take a look at my exterior, tell me what you see! Live through my poems, dissect my speech! ...But do keep in mind, none of these define me! - SincereLee, Tierra

7.21.2009

Curiosity Will Damn Sure Kill the Cat!

&& I'm not one to dabble!

However, I've always wondered about this game.

Whenever I bring it up to anyone, I hear THE WORST stories and it bugs me out seeing as though there were commercials advertising it and everything. It looked fun when I first saw it as a kid but as I've grown up - I've realized, this is not a game at all.

One story that really stuck out was one told to me by my aunt. One day, I asked if she'd ever played and with much drama she said yea. She told me that it's "not a joke" and that it got out of hand when the other kids began asking questions like - "is there a spirt here?" and "who do you want?"

now what I don't understand is, when the little thing moves and lands on yes - wth are you prepared to do? lol - all convo would surely end there. I would be forced to take my behind home and pick up a barbie doll like I had some sense - & play smart.

but anyway... according to her, once the question "who do you want?" was posed - it began to spell out the name of one of the girls. ...THEN they ran lol. [fools]

I recently asked my mother if she ever played and you guys should have seen how serious she became. Her response: "NO! and I don't want you playing it either". [chile - you didn't even have to tell me once!]

...Idk where all of this paranormal talk came from - I think it's the rain lol but taking it alittle further - has any of you ever seen a spirit?

NO LIES/TALES - I HAVE!

&& I tell this story often. It doesn't scare me now and weirdly enough, it didn't scare me then but when I was about 8, maybe a little younger, I woke up in the middle of the night as I always did and saw someone [it was black - no face - idk - but it was def a person] go into my bathroom, close the door, flush the toilet and leave out. I then heard my front door close.

Now, I know it sounds sketchy but the next morning, I woke up and I asked my mother if her bf at the time was in the house - she said no. "No" made absolutely no sense to me seeing as though I know for sure that I saw and heard someone in the house. ...I told her the story and we both saw that the door was locked - he had no key, so someone HAD to lock the door - it wasnt me and it def. wasn't her.

SO WHO?!

...okay - I'm spooked out lol but I know I'm not bugging.

If you have any stories - do share.

-xoxo

3 comments:

  1. A couple years ago when I went to Jamaica, I was sitting on the porch of my grandma's house. Now it was probably 9:00 at night and if you know the Caribbean islands at night there is absolutely NO street lights, so its pitch black darkness outside. So I’m sitting on the porch just relaxing and I see a little boy come up to the gate, and he looked about 7 or 8. He says to me, “open up the gate and come play” with this weird smile on his face. So I look at him a little confused, and he says again “come with me lets go play”. Now the distance from the porch to the road is a great one, you could practically build another house in the yard and for this boy to be around 7 and 8 outside this late in that darkness by his self talking about let’s play scared me shitless. So I turn and look in the house to see if anyone else notices this little boy, and when I turn back to look at him, nobody is there. I run in the house and tell my uncles what happen and they say casually that it was probably a “duppy” which is patois for ghost. And you know what, I believe them, especially since I have never seen this little boy in the parish before and I haven’t seen him since and everyone knows each other where my family is from. Who knows what would have happened if I went with him to “go play” lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GEEZ!! I don't have a story that happened to me, but my roommate from school, her sister told me a story that scared me to tears almost.. They're from Louisiana, so she has numerous stories, but the very first one she'd ever told me was the one about the lady praying in purple! Okay.. So.. She and her older sister was at home one night watching T.V. laying down on the couch, and all of a sudden she heard whispers and crying in her ear, and she looked over and it was this woman kneeled down in her face crying and praying with a purple turtleneck and purple pants on. The ghost lady saw that she'd been staring my roommates sister in the face, and fell backwards in a crawling motion toward the door, and vanished!!! GOOD LAWD!! I think I needed a pull up that night! LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - I can't mess w. you guys.

    "Curiosity Damn Sure Killed the Cat" lmaoo

    ReplyDelete